I saw this post over on The Lissa Way and loved the sound of the questions, so here’s my attempt!
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
Not wanting to sound like I’m blowing my own trumpet but my skincare routine is just that: a routine. I do the same thing morning and night without fail. I have problematic skin so if I didn’t I dread to think what state my skin would be in, so that’s my motivation to make sure that I remove all my makeup thoroughly, cleanse, tone and moisturise daily.
The only part of my routine that is relatively new and something that I’m starting to do more regularly is applying a face mask. I recently bought the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask after Josie from Fashion Mumblr raved about it in one of her videos. So far so good.
2. What’s the go-to beauty, makeup or skincare product that you would gift to your family and friends?
Skincare: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads . Even when you think you’ve removed all your makeup these pads still manage to find patches that you’ve missed!
Beauty: Nivea Hand Cream. They have such a wide range of hand creams but they’re all just as effective!
Makeup: Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation . This will always be my go-to foundation, it covers anything and everything and stays in place like no other foundation I’ve ever used.
3. Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drugstore products to others?
I don’t really base my decision on whether a product is drugstore or high end but rather if I know it’s a good product and does what it says on the tin! I am a stickler for looking at the size/weight of products and comparing them to the price, I think that gives more of an idea about how much use you’re going to get out of it!
4. What are the beauty products you’re hoping to see your Christmas tree this year?
Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm
This product first came to my attention after I found a free sample tube nestled in a Vogue magazine. My Mum and I have been hooked ever since and mine just ran out so I’m hoping it might reappear soon!
5. What is the beauty product you’re dreading receiving for Christmas this year?
I’m very particular when it comes to beauty products and like to research before I purchase/invest in a new product. As such, I only ever ask for products that I’ve chosen myself so I never receive products that I haven’t pre-approved – that’s the diva in me speaking ;).
6. Are you participating in Blogmas this year? If so, what is the post you’re most proud of so far?
This is my first Blogmas and I’m determined to make it to the 25th December! I wouldn’t say I’m proud of it, but the post I loved putting together was my Christmas Wishlist. It was so much fun pretending to shop with a bottomless budget!
7. Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas gift? What was it and did you enjoy it?
To be honest, no. I remember that when I was growing up, Body Shop gift sets were all the rage and I stockpiled enough to fill a whole drawer. At that point my Mum gently suggested that we donated to some to a local children’s charity.
8. What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking filler?
In my Secret Santa Gift Guide I included the Liz Earle Winter Glow Gift but there’s also the Winter Nourishment Gift which are both under £10 so perfectly priced stocking fillers. Each set also comes with one of Liz Earle’s Pure Cotton Cloths!
9. Would you rather your friends and family ask you which gifts you wanted to receive or do you like surprises?
This changes for me depending on whether there is something that I know that I definitely want. When there isn’t anything I’ve got my eye on I always ask for them not to needlessly spend money on something that I neither want nor need. I do like surprises but more often than not I always find out the surprise as my Mum isn’t the best at being subtle and keeping things a secret….
10. What is your favourite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
Red nails, a red lip and lots of gold accessories!
UP NEXT: FAVOURITE VLOGMAS SERIES